The message below was adapted from a statement written by our friends at Enroll America following yesterday’s election results:
Every year of the marketplace we have addressed uncertainty and new conditions as they arise, and working together we have always been able to overcome challenges and help hundreds of thousands of North Carolinians get the health coverage they need. This time is no different and the ACA is still law. We encourage you to let North Carolinians know these key points:
- That the ACA is still the law, and the Marketplace is still open for enrollment until January 31. Nothing has changed in the law.
- Consumers cannot be denied coverage for preexisting conditions and the insurance plans offered still cover all essential health benefits.
- Financial help is still available for the majority of North Carolinians applying, and they may still be fined if they remain uninsured.
- Free, in-person assistance remains available in every county and every consumer needing health insurance should make an appointment at the NC Call Center 855-733-3711 or online at www.GCAConnector.org. Over 20,000 free appointments are currently available at sites all across the state.
- We cannot predict future changes to the law, but encourage everyone to get the health coverage and financial help that is available now for 2017. Consumers need to sign up for 2017 plans by December 15th to have coverage on January 1st. It would be a shame for North Carolinians to give up available coverage based on actions that could happen in the future but have not yet occurred.
Thank you for your continued partnership with us in this effort!
NC Get Covered Advisory Board Members