NC Get Covered’s Advisory Board meets on a monthly basis and is charged with:
- Ensuring NC Get Covered fulfills its purpose to convene and educate diverse organizations interested in connecting North Carolinians to health coverage.
- Ensuring NC Get Covered is responsive to the needs of coalition member organizations, thus helping to ensure the successful implementation of the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Ensuring the process by which the above activities occur is participatory, transparent, inclusive and consensus-oriented.
Current Advisory Board members include:
- Cheryl Hallock, ACA Navigator Coordinator, Access East, Inc.
- Sherry Hay, Director of Community Health Initiatives, UNC Department of Family Medicine
- Joe Langley, Vice President of Wayne Health Enterprises, UNC Wayne Health
- April Morgan, Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator, NC Community Health Center Association
- Jan Plummer, Health Care Navigator Coordinator, Mountain Projects, Inc.
- Lou Riccelli, Market Manager for NC, Cigna
- Brendan Riley, Policy Analyst, Health Access Coalition, NC Justice Center
- Melissa Speck, Director of Health Policy, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NC
- Stephanie Strickland, Director of Communications, NC Healthcare Association
- Mark Van Arnam, Navigator Project Co-Director, Legal Aid of NC
- Walker Wilson, Chief Policy Officer, NC DHHS Secretary’s Office