The Affordable Care Act has a birthday coming up! On this coming Friday, the law that has helped more than 20 million people gain coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace or Medicaid expansion will turn 8 years old!
Consumers, health care advocates, faith leaders and elected officials will gather together to celebrate this important milestone on Friday, March 23, 2018 at 10:30 AM at Martin Street Baptist Church, 1001 E. Martin Street, Raleigh. Please join us! Click here to RSVP.
If you cannot make it to Raleigh for the event, you can still share your birthday wishes by following these simple steps:
- Print one of these placards – White background or Blue background
- Gather your staff/clients/anyone you can and take a photo (or two or three!) with the placards. Have fun! It’s a celebration!
- On Friday, post your pictures on your social media networks with the hashtag #HBDayACA. Feel free to post more than once throughout the day!
- To direct people to in-person help, you can add 855-733-3711 or ncnavigator.net to your social media posts.
- To promote defense of the ACA and other health access programs, you can include KeepNCCovered.org.
- Enjoy the ACA’s 8th Birthday! Thanks for your support!
Finally, to view notes, PowerPoint slides and handouts from last Friday’s NC Get Covered Coalition Meeting on short-term health plans and public charge, please click here.
NC Get Covered staff