NC Get Covered Coalition Meeting
Friday, July 10, 2015, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
NC Hospital Association
2400 Weston Parkway, Cary, NC 27513
10:00 a.m. Welcome/Overview
Lee Dixon, Project Director, NC Get Covered
10:05 a.m. Building on the Enthusiasm from King v. Burwell
Sorien Schmidt, Director, Enroll America/North Carolina
- Hear how coalition partners are building on the enthusiasm to make sure North Carolinians know that premium assistance is available during the current Special Enrollment Period and the upcoming Open Enrollment—November 1.
- Learn how community organizations, realizing that the ACA is here to stay are reaching out to participate in and become part of North Carolina’s extraordinary success.
- Understand the characteristics of those consumers yet to enroll in the Federal Marketplace and the strategies to reach them.
10:25 a.m. Questions
10:35 a.m. Medicaid Expansion—What can North Carolina learn from other States’ Initiatives?
Adam Searing, Senior Research Fellow, Georgetown University McCourt School of Public Policy
- Learn about the activities in Indiana, Tennessee, Utah, and Alaska, and how they adopted (IN) or are working to adopt the options offered by US/DHHS
- Understand what the lessons might be for North Carolina
11:00 a.m. Questions
11:10 a.m. Open Discussion – Q&A, Announcements
11:20 a.m. Adjourn